About a year ago Audrey and I were at a little diner on a pier having breakfast while our children were over a thousand miles away eating breakfast with their grandparents. Nobody threw food on the floor or climbed on the table. The special that day was these scrambled eggs with spinach, feta, and sun-dried tomato.
Upon returning home we had to duplicate it. However, sautéed spinach can be quite the hard sell for the children. So, I came up with an alternative that even they will eat. The secret is blending together the eggs and spinach. Every time we make this we’re transported even if it’s just for a few moments. Now we can enjoy our reminiscing and less of the food ends up on the floor. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Spinach, Feta, and Sun-dried Tomato Scrambled Eggs
Makes 2-3 servings
- 5 eggs
- 1 oz spinach (frozen is fine)
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp diced onion
- 1 Tbsp of canola oil or butter
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the eggs (no shells ;-)), milk, and spinach in a blender and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Meanwhile saute the onions in the oil over medium heat. When the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes, add the egg mixture and cook until done, another minute or two.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle with feta and sun-dried tomatoes.