The marathon is over. We hosted Thanksgiving this year. 10 people, 5 dishwasher loads, 12 lb turkey, and tubers galore. Good times were had by all. Here’s the rundown:
- Roast Brined Turkey from The New Best Recipe via Lifehacker.
- Thanksgiving Roast Root Vegetables roasted under the turkey from The Food Matters Cookbook, by Mark Bittman.
- Maple-Roasted Sweet Potatoes from Eating Well.
- Dijon Braised Brussels Sprouts from Smitten Kitchen.
- Mashed Potatoes
- Turkey Giblet Gravy from Pioneer Woman
- Cranberry Orange Sauce from Food Network
- Whole Wheat Garlic Knots from Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day.
- Crumbly Apple Pie (We got this recipe from Audrey’s mom and thought it was a Better Homes and Garden recipe, but can’t seem to find it out in the wild anywhere. We’ll have to post it later. It’s really good–our go to apple pie recipe.)
Maple Pumpkin Pie with Salted Pecan Brittle from Better Homes and Gardens. We make our own pumpkin puree from pumpkins, though, no canned. We’ll have to show you all how to do that too sometime.
- Sneaky-Wheat Butter Pie Crust from Wildly Affordable Organic by Linda Watson.
Leave a Reply