I may be a little smitten with this smoothie. It reminds me of a peanut butter cup, but it’s healthier and therefore appropriate to eat pretty much whenever you feel like it. I whip it up after a morning workout, as a midday pick-me-up, or as an evening snack to pacify my sweet tooth. I have a giant plastic bag of bananas in my freezer at the ready for the sole purpose of being able to make this smoothie whenever a craving strikes. (Really, that’s just how I keep my overripe bananas from going to waste, but this is an excellent use for them.) Most recently I made the recipe with my first batch of homemade peanut butter and I fell even more in love. It’s a riff on our Screaming Banshee Smoothie, but uses good old fashioned chocolate instead of chocolate syrup. It’s also an excellent Father’s Day breakfast in bed option. Add some sophisticated scrambled eggs and a slice of sourdough toast and you’ll really make dad’s day.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- 1/2 C plain yogurt (Can be Greek or regular, you may just need to add a little more milk with the Greek.)
- 2 bananas (Mine were frozen, but this isn’t a requirement)
- Heaping 1/4 C peanut butter (I favor chunky honey roasted, but any kind will do.)
- 3/4 C milk
- 2-3 oz chopped chocolate or ~1/4 C chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides if necessary and blend again.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy with your favorite person.
Leave a Reply